Moscow Climate & Temperature
- Moscow, Russia is at 55°50'N, 37°37'E, 157 m (514 ft). See map.
- Moscow has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Moscow is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 27.5 °C (49.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -6°C (21.2°F) on average falling to -12.7°C (9.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.7°C (47.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -1°C (30.2°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22.7°C (72.8°F) and average low temperatures are 11.3°C (52.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 8°C (46.4°F) during the day and lows of 0.7°C (33.2°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 689.2 mm (27.1 inches) which is equivalent to 689.2 Litres/m² (16.9 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1693 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Moscow you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Byrd, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Moscow Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Moscow Climate Graph in Metric Units
Moscow Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Moscow, Russia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Moscow, Russia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: